Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Latest Haul aka "The Haul that Will Make My Guy Freak Out"

I really didn't mean to do it,  it just kind of got away from me.  But it was the perfect storm of Friends & Family sales / Black Friday / Cyber Monday...you know how the story goes. And before I knew it, I had amassed a rather alarming pile of (albeit delectable) goodies that I debated about NOT sharing with you.  Why, you ask?

2 reasons, really -

1)  My repeated lack of self-control is embarrassing and I fear my seemingly endless haul posts might be getting tedious for you, dear reader.

Annnnnnndddddd....

2) My guy might just end up grounding me after seeing everything all laid out :S

Well, consequences be damned!  Here's what I got:


(Good) Skin is In


From L to R - 1) Sjal Mineral Kalla Energy Toner $70.00 at  2)  P50 1970 Exfoliant by Biologique Recherche 5.1oz for $55.00 @ Rescue Rittenhouse Spa  3)  BabyFoot - Foot mask for $20.00 on Amazon
I've been using P50 by Biologique Recherche for the last 4 months as an exfoliant on the advice of skincare guru extraordinaire Ms. Caroline Hirons of Beautymouth. Even though I've been experimenting with different cleansers, toners and moisturizers, I have been using P50 consistently and my skin is getting that glow back and the dark spots and hyperpigmentation are fading a lot faster because of it.  

I'm most excited about BabyFoot - ok, a foot mask, come on!  But my feet get horribly dry and Babyfoot is essentially 2 booties filled with the solution. You slip on for an hour and over the course of the subsequent several days the dead skin sloughs off and leaves you with baby-soft feet. *fingers...er, toes...crossed*

Face of Base (*Does anyone else remember that group from the '90s??*)


I have resisted wearing foundation for most of my adult life. I felt that it looked too heavy and fake and I hated the way it felt like my skin was suffocating. I hated how it would end up on my clothes. Fast forward to now where new formulations tout being super lightweight.  I have pretty good skin, but definitely have gotten to the point where I need some base coverage to even out my skin tone and cover up some hyperpigmentation. And of course, I'm still after that "lit from within" look.

I've been using Urban Decay's Naked Skin foundation or Missha's Perfect Coverage BB cream since it launched this summer and I do like the coverage each gives me, but after hearing about some rave reviews on some other products (and some well-timed sales), I took the plunge.

1) Bobbi Brown Bronze Shimmer Brick $40.00 2) Bobbi Brown Face Blending Brush $45.00  3) Bourjois Healthy Mix Gel Foundation #56  $20.00 - available at asos.com  4) Giorgio Armani Maestro Foundation (Shade 7)  $62.00  5) Diorskin Forever Flawless Foundation (in Honey Beige) $47.00  6)  YSL Touche Eclat in 4.5 and 5.0 $40.00 each

The Eyes Have It 


1) D-UP Perfect Extension Mascara in Black  $20.00 (at imomoko.com)  2)  1 Day Lash Perm Long Curl Mascara  in Black $17.99 (at imomoko.com)  3) Bobbi Brown Longwear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink $22.00  4) MAC Paintpot in Soft Ochre $18.00  5)  Lioele Eyebrow Pencil in Dark Brown  $14.00  6) MAC Kohl Pencil in Powersurge  $15.00 7) MAC Kohl Pencil in Teddy $15.00   8. Rimmel Soft Kohl Pencil in Jungle Green $3.59  9) Solone Magic Waterproof Pencil in Golden Black $6.99  10) NYC Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil in Moody Blue  $3.60 11) Stila Smudge Stick in Blue Ribbon  $20.00 12)  Make Up For Ever Aqua Liner in 15 $23.00

I'm still on the quest for my Holy Grail mascara - one that holds curl, doesn't flake or smudge, isn't near impossible to take off and doesn't make my lashes crunchy. Is that too much to ask? So far, the D-UP mascara fails the all-important curl test, so it's going to go to my mom (don't worry, I had used a disposable wand as I always do for the first time with any new mascara, just for this very reason).  The Lash Perm is fine, but it doesn't blow my mind. Alas, the quest continues.
1) MAC Powersurge  $15.00 2) MAC Teddy $15.00  3) Rimmel Jungle Green  $3.59  4) Solone Golden Black $6.99 (at imomoko.com)  5) NYC Moody Blue  $3.60  6) Stila Blue Ribbon $20.00  7)  MUFE #15 $23.00


I've been experimenting with loads more color and finishes rather than just the neutrals.  The metallic / glittery flecks in the MAC and Solone Pencils are going to be great for the round of holiday parties this season.  


Top L to R -  1)  NARS Eyeshadow Duo in Cordura $34.00 2)  Wet n Wild ColorIcon Eyeshadow Palette in Blue Had me at Hello $4.99 3)  L'Oreal Project Runway in Temptress' Gaze $8.95 
Bottom L to R - Sephora Moonshadow Trio in Dusk to Dawn and Afterglow each $7.00


Pucker Up and Kiss Me


How I love the luxurious packaging of high-end cosmetics. Seriously, I can see an addiction forming. I don't know if it's just me, but when paying premium for a lipstick, I want the color to be rich, sumptuous and saturated. Don't get me wrong, I love the pinky nude everyday shades, but for a special occasion, nothing says special like a red or wine lipstick in a gorgeous case.



1) Rouge D'Armani #608  $30.00 2) YSL Rouge Pur Couture in Belle Du Rose  $32.00 3)  Nars Lipgloss in Stolen Kisses  $24.00 4) Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Damned  $24.00 5) Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Bahama $24.00 6)  NYX Lip Pencil in Ever  $3.49  7) NYX Lip Pencil in Peekaboo Neutral $3.49  8)  Too Faced Perfect Lips Pencil in Perfect Spice  $17.00 9)  Urban Decay Super Saturated Lipgloss in Naked $19.00
SEE SWATCHES BELOW




Fancy Fingertips


When getting ready for the holiday party circuit, don't forget your mani. After spending time, money and effort perfecting your makeup look, doing up your digits can pull the whole thing together.  Maybe you're not a nail art person, but there are plenty of simple looks you can pull off with the right colors and finishes. 

Left Picture - Top (from left)  1) OPI Man with the Golden Gun 18kt gold topcoat $30.00 2)  Deborah Lippman Cleopatra in NY  $18.00 3) Deborah Lippmann No More Drama  $16.00 4) The New Black Glimmer Twins (one metallic finish black and one matte black) both for $10.00
Bottom:  Orly Galaxy Girl and Orly Space Cadet each $10.00
Right Picture - Deborah Lippmann No More Drama accented with OPI Man with the Golden Gun topcoat

So yes, I am now officially a bonafide addict.  I feel a blog sale coming up soon....stay tuned!


*All products mentioned in this post were purchased by me (and I have the credit card bills to prove it!). No promotional consideration was given and no compensation received. All opinons expressed are 100% my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment