Friday, November 16, 2012

What's in November's Ipsy Bag?


I got my second Ipsy bag in the mail this week and I gotta say that the Ipsy love continues. After months of being disappointed by another monthly $10 subscription service - which shall remain nameless, ahem - I was fearing more foil packet samples and granola bars. My, how wrong I was!  Unlike that *other* bag, Ipsy is a makeup subscription (YAY!) - no granola bars here, knock on wood.

So, what's in this month's bag?

1) Starlet Cosmetics Intense Eyeliner in Black - FULL SIZE YAY! - $11.00 - I've never heard of this brand before. The pencil is not too soft with good pigmentation. It doesn't drag or pull on the skin and I can always use another black eyeliner that is blendable.

2) Chella Eyebrow Defining Gel (Clear) - $18.00 for 0.19 fl oz / Sample value (0.12 fl oz) $11.37 - Another brand I've never heard of, but as a girl who has recently become addicted to her NYX brow wax pencil, I'm looking forward to testing this one out.

Right - 1. Starlet Cosmetics Intense Eyeliner in Black  2. The Balm Meet Matt(e) Eyeshadow in Matt Batali  3. Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie in Dare Devil    Left - Nailtini Nail Lacquer in Millionaire over Chanel Le Varnis in Pirate


3) The Balm Meet Matt(e) Eyeshadow in Matt Batali - $34.50 for 9 pan palette / Sample value $3.83 - I really like The Balm products. I've been using Mary Lou-Manizer as a highlight shade for a while now and love it's silky, almost creamy texture.  Unfortunately, the lighting in my apartment doesn't do this shade justice (I'm working on fixing that, I swear!) This shade looks brown-ish, but swatches with dark purple-y tones that will look great with some of the other products I've picked up for the fall.

4) Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss in Dare Devil - $18.00 for 0.15 fl oz / Sample Value $9.00 for (0.7 fl oz) - The color looks intense in the tube, but swatches into a really sheer, pretty berry color. It's definitely your traditional lipgloss and is shiny with a tacky texture. There's a bit of lip plumping action with the peppermint in there. Altogether a good product in a seasonally apropos shade.

5) Nailtini Nail Lacquer in Millionaire - FULL SIZE! Value $13.00 for 0.5 fl oz - This is a bar glitter polish in gold. I don't normally like bar glitter, but the particles are quite fine and goes on quite plushly giving off a very pretty effect.  Over a solid polish, it's a great holiday look.

As Ipsy is known for, all the products came in great makeup bag - this month, a brown microfiber with gold zip that is perfect for stashing in a purse.  Not even counting the value of the bag, the total value of the products is an impressive $48.20.

Oh, Ipsy, thanks for not disappointing.  Can't wait for next month's bag.


*Ipsy subscription was bought and paid for by me. This review was unsolicited and no compensation was received for it. As always, the opinions expressed are 100% my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment