Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Birchbox's NYFW Event - The Hosts With the Mostest / "I-am-a-greedy-sample-whore" Haul

My haul from Birchbox's NYFW Event @Chelsea Market 09/10/12
What do you think heaven is for a beauty junkie? Two words: Open Bar. No, make that three words - open SAMPLE bar.

Last night I had the chance to go to my first beauty blogger event being hosted by Birchbox* for New York Fashion Week.  OMG. I had the time of my life.

Having a quickie dinner with my guy at Chelsea Market in NYC last night, we ran into two friends of ours - none other than the fabulous Carla Holtze and Kim Skelton, the dynamic duo behind the revolutionary shopping website,  Have To Have.  (I will do a whole other post on Have to Have sometime soon but for now, this is about my sample avarice and the kick-ass party.) Carla and Kim were at Chelsea Market for the Birchbox event, which was open early for beauty / fashion bloggers and industry peeps.

Well whaddya know?  Even though I'm new to the beauty blogging world, I AM a beauty blogger.  Carla and Kim encouraged me to go on in, so with all the confidence and swagger I could muster, I waltzed right on in. Yup, that's right dear readers. I crashed. And let me tell you, it was soooooooo worth it.

There were mini manicures and brow shaping by Benefit and hair consultations also available, but with only a few minutes to spend before an appointment, I made a beeline for the sample bar.

Words cannot describe the joy I felt at being handed an empty Birchbox and told to go help myself.  Many times as a kid, I wondered what it would be like to go to a candy store and be allowed to get as much stuff as I wanted.  *sniff* Last night, that dream came true.

I think I visibly drooled a little at the sight of Birchbox's spread.  They definitely know how to host a party.  Thanks, Kim, for the pictures!


The menu of samples that was available last night. You'll notice how many I had checked off the list.


Oh, Birchbox, I know we've had our ups and downs this past few months months,  but you've more than made up for it with last night's event.  You had me at, "Hello, please take some samples."

*Birchbox is a monthly beauty subscription service with over 100,000 subscribers. For $10 a month including shipping, Birchbox will send you a prettily wrapped package with 4-5 curated samples of beauty / skincare / haircare products.  









No comments:

Post a Comment