Wednesday, September 12, 2012

September Birchbox First Look

After getting spoiled at the Birchbox NYFW event a couple of nights ago, I had to remind myself not to hold a bias against the regular Birchbox delivery. September's box arrived yesterday afternoon, so it was with just a little trepidation that I opened it.



Color Club's Status Update - a nice flat dark grey that will go well with fall fashions. Not as harsh as black, but still with a bit of an edge.

Inside my box this month:

Benefit's Foamingly Clean Facial Wash and Refined Finish Facial Polish - sample value  $0.96

Color Club Nail Polish in a custom color for Birchbox called "Status Update" - $8.00 - full size product, yay!

Nexxus Pro-Mend Split End Treatment System - sample value $0.85

Youngblood's Mineral Primer - sample value $6.97

Twistband Lace Pattern Hair Tie - Value $2.33

Extra - Sampler Sachet from Mighty Leaf Tea Company - sample value approx $1.60

Extra - Birchbox Digital Download from Tristan Prettyman and $25 coupon off $75 at Madewell

Total box value: $20.71

Now, I normally spend the next couple of weeks STALKING other beauty bloggers to see what they got in their Birchboxes - I was astounded a couple of months ago to find out that Birchbox could send out upwards of 25 different types of boxes!   Today, I was lucky enough to stumble on Tiffany of the My Makeup Boxes blog and she lists the contents of ALL of the other Birchboxes that were sent out this month. 

Find the list WITH PICTURES of all the other Birchboxes you didn't get HERE:

All told, I think this is a pretty solid box. I'm looking forward to trying out the Youngblood primer - a brand I hadn't heard of before. The Benefit products also catch my fancy and I quite like the nail polish.  There were a few products in the other boxes that I would have liked - such as any of the WEI samples, but here's crossing my fingers that they'll appear one of my future boxes. For now, I'll paint my nails grey and sip on a cup of organic tea from my spoils this month.






1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for linking to my blog! I love your nail polish color!

    XOXO Tiffany

    ReplyDelete