Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Tale of 3 Boxes - Birchbox vs. Sample Society vs. Glossybox ROUND 2



Ok, folks. It's time for round 2 of the Battle of the Boxes for September 2012. For complete reviews of my September Birchbox,  Sample Society and Glossybox, just click on the highlighted name.  Here's the breakdown:



                                     PAID                    VALUE        No. of Products Used      Overall Impression

Birchbox                        $10                        $20.71                       3/4                                 B-
Sample Society             $16.33 (w/ tax)      $37.21                       3/4                                 B+
Glossybox                     $22.86                   $64.99                       3/4                                 A


As you can see from the numbers, even though Glossybox is still the most expensive, it was definitely the best value for the money. I gave Glossybox an "A" because there were 3 full-size products included this month. Also, one of the products (the Missha M Perfect Cover BB cream) was one that I love that and have paid the full $29.99 for.  AND Glossybox sent me the right shade. Color me impressed.

Sample society fared better than Birchbox, giving me 2 makeup products in totally wearable shades. The Stila Smudge stick is a gorgeous bronze color that is perfect for the fall. And though I normally think of perfume samples as "filler" products, I have been loving the Diptyque fragrance that was included - so much so, that I've already put down the full-size bottle on my Christmas list.

Birchbox included products that I used - the twistband is always handy, though it's getting a little repetitive (this is the 3rd twistband product I have received from Birchbox). The nailpolish is something I know I'll wear this fall and I actually took the YoungBlood Mineral Primer with me on a weekend trip. Great size for travel and the product itself is decent (texture reminds me of Benefit's POREfessional).   A solid box, but with the tea sampler and digital download and coupon from Madewell, it was a little all over the place and didn't really have anything to wow me.

So Round 2 goes to Glossybox, which is rapidly becoming the box I look forward to getting the most every month.  Good job, Glossybox!

If you want to check out last month's Tale of 3 boxes post, click HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment