Friday, September 7, 2012

The "OMG-I-Spent-Too-Much-This-Month" Mega Haul - Part 1

Warning: this post contains graphic images of carnage - mostly done to my credit card. I spent waaaaaaayyyyyyy too much money this month, but boy, oh boy, did I have fun doing it.  After writing an earlier post on having indulged too much, I did it AGAIN. I seem to have a knack for overspending with abandon.  (You can't see it, but my guy is shooting me a stern look right now :S)

ANYHOW, I thought I would share pics of the bounty - er, damage - no, bounty, because haul posts and videos are some of my favorite things to read and watch.

I probably *should* state at the beginning of this that I'm not trying to show off, but really - isn't that what a haul post is supposed to be? You are proclaiming to the world, "HEY LOOK! I BOUGHT THESE THINGS AND I AM VERY EXCITED ABOUT THEM!"

But to those critics who might look at this and shake their heads at my boastfulness, I say earnestly that I'm hoping this helps folks who might also be looking for new things to try. It's a shopping public service announcement, if you will. So THERE.

The products come from a number of sources, though I tried to group them accordingly. Haul part 1 is from sasa.com - a Hong Kong-based website chock-full of Asian beauty products.  Haul part 2 is from imomoko.com - a California-based website also featuring Asian beauty brands. Finally, there is the "miscellaneous" part 3 - products come from Sephora, Ulta and even eBay.

Onto Part 1- Sasa.com

This was my first order from Sasa. And while they have a great variety of products and better prices than you'd find with US merchants, the free shipping option is slow. REALLY SLOW.  I can see where that phrase "a slow boat from China" came from. It took close to a month for all of the products I ordered to show up at my door.  If I do shop with them again, I would pay extra for shipping, just to avoid the agonizingly long wait.


1) Cotton pads - I know, I know. Boring - but after hearing for so long from other beauty gurus that Asian cotton pads are so much softer than their US counterparts, I had to try them out. They are both the Suzuran brand, but green box is LilyBell and the white package is named Attirer.

2) Scinic Eye / Lip Makeup Remover - great upright pump applicator. It needs to be shaken as it's a bi-layer product. Goes on like water, no oiliness or greasiness. Good at taking off eyemakeup, but still not the best for waterproof mascara, but for the regular stuff, it's pretty great. No stinging or red eyes afterwards!

3) Pretty Eye 3 pair eyelashes - PE-56 Cross - Great for when you want to give your lashes some subtle ooomph.

4) Kai Hair Pins - lol, just as interesting as cotton pads, right?

5) Arezia Powder puff - I promise it gets better!

6) EYE eyelash adhesive in clear white

7) Kose SUNCUT Essence In UV Protect Milk SPF50 PA+++ Waterproof - loving the milky formula for easy application; also no white cast. As a tanned gal, finding a good face sunscreen that doesn't leave you with a white / ashy coat on your skin is key. Oh, and it's waterproof.

8) Kuan Yuan Lian Cucumber Water Spray with Refill - Just as refreshing as putting cucumber slices over your eyes, but with the convenience of a spray bottle. Perfect purse size. Great for those humid days.

9) SILK WHITIA QUICK MOISTURE Anti-Oxidation Whitening Mask (5 piece)  - Ahhh, the reason I visited the Sasa site to begin with. These masks were on a 2 for 1 promo. I am a recent convert to Japanese sheet masks. They provide great hydration and my skin feels baby soft the morning after using them. I started off using MyBeautyDiary masks, but decided to try Silk Whitia after hearing rave reviews.  These are my new standard for face masks. The promo is still going on, so pick some up if you get the chance.

So I realize there wasn't any makeup in this order, just skin products. Dont' worry, there will be much more makeup in parts 2 and 3 of the Mega Haul.  Stay tuned!

COMING SOON:  Part 2 of the Mega Haul - imomoko.com

No comments:

Post a Comment