Saturday, September 8, 2012

The "OMG-I-Spent-Too-Much-This-Month" Mega Haul Part 2 - I Heart Imomoko


And more evidence of my inability to exercise any shopping restraint this month continues....Part 2 of my "mega haul" series are more Asian beauty products. 

imomoko.com is a US company, based in California. The selection is vast and there are constant sales and promotions making already good prices even better. Shipping is also FAST (See Part 1 of my Mega Haul series).  I heart imomoko - and no, I'm not getting paid a promotional credit to say that :)

As you can see from the picture below, I am OBSESSED with lashes. I have stick straight Asian lashes. They're relatively thick and are a decent length, but I have been on a seemingly endless quest to get those sinfully long, fluttery, flirty, lush lashes that dreams are made of.  In short, I want to be a giraffe.  I know that sounds strange, but have you ever SEEN a giraffe's lashes?  They go on for miiiiiiiiiiles.  And I covet them.

However, since I was not naturally born with those lashes, I have to resort to mascaras, growing serums, eyelash curlers, extensions, perms and falsies to get the desired effect.  Asian beauty sites like imomoko.com are a false lash hoarder's dream.  But I digress....

Let's get onto the goodies:


1) Jealousness Diamond Beauty False lashes (various) - Like I mentioned above, the dizzying selection of lashes at imomoko.com will make deciding what to buy difficult. From doll-like fringe to cat-eye outer corners and everything in-between, you'll find it at all at great price points.

2) Kiss Me Heroine Make Volume & Curl Mascara - This mascara might deserve a stand-alone review. If falsies aren't your thing, or you're keeping your everyday makeup routine simple, but still want some oomph, this may be the mascara for you. I've tried fiber mascaras such as Love Alpha, but while I would get length, I found the formulas to be clumpy and the fibers to weigh down my lashes and straighten out the curl within minutes. Not so with this mascara. It holds curl like a dream, doesn't smudge and lengthens as promised. My lashes a bit stiffer with this than with other mascaras and I'm sure that without my trusty oil cleanser, this would be a bi-atch to take off, but it gives me lashes that practically touch my brow bone. I'm closer to being a giraffe than I ever thought humanly possible. WIN!

3) Kose Softymo Nose Pore Cleansing Pack 10 pieces - Black - This is a HOLY GRAIL ITEM for me. Confess - you've done those Biore pore strips and you spend countless minutes after removing that familiar white strip investigating with horror and fascination all the gunk it just pulled out of your pores.  For one thing, they stick on to your skin loads better than any of the US brands that I've tried. Second and most importantly, they're black....translation - you can see all the gross stuff that much better! Come on, you know you want to!I bought these on eBay, but since it fit in with the Asian beauty product theme and arrived the same day as my imomoko.com order, I included it here.  

4) The Face Shop black Head EX Charcoal Pore Strip - Same idea, different brand. I prefer the Kose Softymo, but these might be easier to procure in the US.

5) Lioele A.C. Control Trouble Patch (60 count) - These spot treatment dots are clear patches containing tea tree oil and salicylic acid are small and discreet. Put them on overnight and watch your blemishes clear up faster. I've only tried this on one pimple so far, but by the next morning, it was practically gone!  I will definitely be repurchasing these!

6) Moe 24hr Long Lasting Gel Eyeliner (Deep Black) - Lashline or waterline, great gel pencil applies easily and waterproof, long-lasting and doesn't smudge. I've only used this a couple of times and have been impressed, especially since pencil liners tend to smear because of my oily eye area. 

7) False Eyelash Applicator Tool - For those who need help putting on falsies, this could be the tool for you. The tweezers clamp firmly down on falsies and are optimally shaped for placement on the lash line. I purchased these for under $10 on eBay. Shu Uemera did a version of these tweezer retailing at $50. For those who might need help putting on falsies because of the coffee shakes (GUILTY!), these are great.

8) 10 Pair Ballet Criss-Cross Lashes - 10 pairs for under $10. SOLD!  From the same eBay seller I got the last applicator tool from. Many other styles available.

9) DHC Deep Cleansing Oil (not pictured) - Since my skin tends to go oily, I avoided oil cleansers thinking that they would just add more unwanted greasiness to my complexion. Boy, was I wrong.  I wear waterproof mascara everyday and while I love how it looks on, I DREAD taking it off at night. Not so with this cleanser. The rich formula glides over skin taking off my waterproof mascara with minimal effort. But the BEST part of DHC is that a little water emulsifies the oil and makes for easy rinsing off with no greasy feeling left behind. Seriously, the most effective makeup remover I have ever tried. Instant favorite that I can foresee buying again and again over the years. 

4 All Star Products in Part 2 of the Mega Haul alone? That's gotta be some kind of record :)



                 

Top Left: Kose Softymo Black Nose Strips, Top Right: DHC Cleansing Oil
Bottom Left: Kiss Me Heroine Volume & Curl Mascara,  Bottom Right:  Lioele Patches

Coming Soon: Part 3 - This one's gonna be a doozie! Stay tuned!




No comments:

Post a Comment